Job title: Swim Teacher/Coach
Hourly rate: Competitive
Hours: Full time, part time and casual / annualised hours available
A swim teacher qualification is preferred, although all applications will be considered with the training opportunity to work towards Level 1 and / or Level 2. Job offers will be dependent on candidates’ availability to meet the business requirements and conditional on passing the relevant qualifications (if no qualification) within an agreed timeframe.
You will be required to plan and deliver swimming lessons for a range of abilities following the Swim England ‘Learn to Swim’ Framework. You will also be required to continually assess the lessons and record the outcomes using the Learn2 software
Candidates will need a flexible approach to working hours on a casual basis covering sickness and annual leave with the opportunity for contracted hours as they arise.
Key skills and responsibilities
- enthusiastic and positive attitude towards teaching and swimming
- excellent communications skills
- proven ability to motivate and inspire confidence in all swimmers
- experience persevering with situations that might not be going to plan
- ability to be professional, well organised and punctual at all times, whilst being responsible for developing and implementing the lessons
In return we offer free car parking, local government pension scheme, training, and development opportunities.
The position is subject to an enhanced DBS and other pre-employment checks.
We will not accept applications from agencies.